Connecting local resources with local needs.
FoA HISTORY and VISION
2008 Year One
1) 3,600 ears of sweet corn was harvested and distributed throughout Aroostook County.
2) During the 2008/2009 winter season, 16 cords of tree length wood was processed into firewood and delivered to Aroostook County’s needy families.
2009 Year Two
1) 20,000 plus pounds of vegetables (peas, green bean, corn, cucumbers, carrots, zucchini summer squash, winter squash, and potatoes) was distributed throughout Aroostook County.
2) During the winter season 20 cords of processed firewood cords reached those in need.
2010 Year Three
1) Grow five acres (average yield 12,500 lbs. per acre) of naturally raised vegetables (peas, green beans, corn, cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, carrots, and winter squash).
2) Grow one acre of organic vegetables (cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, and winter squash).3) Supply 25 cords of firewood to Aroostook County’s elderly and working cold homes.
OWH (Operation Wood Heat): FOA processes donated firewood and give to those who need it during the winter.
SFPP (Summer Fresh Produce Program): FOA supplies fresh nutritional produce to Aroostook's less fortunate.
HSC (Helping Senior Citizens): FOA connects local gardeners to our senior population.